11 Days Uganda Rwanda Primate Tracking and Wildlife safari
11 Days Primate Tracking and wildlife safari is a great safari package that takes you to both Uganda and Rwanda. This 11 Days Primate tracking and wildlife safari has you visiting Kibale National Park, Queen Elizabeth National Park, Mgahinga Gorilla National Park and Nyungwe Forest National Park. With this 11 Days Primate Tracking and wildlife safari, you will enjoy double chimpanzee tracking, chimpanzee habituation, golden monkey tracking, wild game viewing, boat safari on Kazinga Channel, canopy walk in Nyungwe, Kigali and Kampala city tours. All these activities will leave you amazed and with experiences that you will live with forever. This 11 Days Primate tracking and wildlife safari is for travelers after experiencing primates in their natural habitats. This safari starts in Uganda and ends in Kigali Rwanda.
Tour Summary of 11 Days Uganda Rwanda Primate Tracking and Wildlife safari
- Day 1: Arrival, Kampala city tour
- Day 2: Transfer to Kibale National Park
- Day 3: Chimpanzee Tracking, community visit
- Day 4: Chimpanzee habituation, Transfer to Queen Elizabeth National Park, Night game drive
- Day 5: Morning boat safari, Transfer to Mgahinga Gorilla National Park
- Day 6: Golden monkey tracking
- Day 7: Gorilla trekking adventure
- Day 8: Transfer to Nyungwe National Park, Nature walk
- Day 9: Chimpanzee Tracking, Canopy walk
- Day 10: Transfer to Kigali, Kigali city tour
- Day 11: Departure
Day 1: Arrival, Kampala city tour
- Arrival: On your day 1 of your 11 Days Primate Tracking and wildlife safari, you will be picked by our driver-guide upon your arrival at the Entebbe International Airport. He will meet and greet you and then brief you about your safari ahead, and then transfer you to your hotel.
- Kampala city tour: Depending on your time of arrival, you will have a Kampala city tour that will have experiencing Uganda’s culture, cuisine and vibrant way of life. You will learn of Uganda’s history and get to experience the bustling Kampala city. Places like Nakasero market, Owino market where the Amazing Race participants were once led to, the Uganda museum, the Kabaka’s palace, Amin’s torture chambers, are some of the places you will visit. Get to taste Uganda’s delicacies like the “Rolex”. Dinner and overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 2: Transfer to Kibale National Park
- Transfer to Kibale National Park: After enjoying a sumptuous breakfast at the hotel, you will checkout for a transfer to Kibale Forest National Park. Kibale Forest National Park is the primate capital of Uganda if not the world itself. The park has more than 10 primates say the chimpanzees, baboons, colobus monkeys, velvet monkeys, among so many others. Chimpanzees are however the most sought after primates here and chimpanzee tracking is a very rewarding activity that gives travelers an opportunity encounter them. The drive to Kibale Forest National Park is approximately 6 hours from Kampala, and is a great way to see the countryside. Lunch will be had en-route to the park. Once in the park, you will check in at the lodge and get to relax as you wait for dinner and an overnight stay.
Day 3: Chimpanzee habituation, Community visit
- Chimpanzee habituation: Today, you will rise early, have breakfast and then go for a chimpanzee habituation experience in Kibale Forest National Park. The chimpanzee habituation process is the same as for chimpanzee tracking only that you will have longer time spent with the chimpanzees. You will trek along with the chimpanzee researchers and experts who visit the chimps on a daily basis to habituate or make them comfortable enough for human presence. You will get to learn of their behaviors, what irritates them, what they like, and so much more. Chimpanzee habituation allows travelers to spend more time with the chimps, say 6 hours or more. By the time you leave, you will have learned of each chimpanzee’s individual traits and behavior. lunch will be had whilst in the forest.
- Community visit: If time allows and are up to it, you will go for a community visit where you will get to take part in the local activities say weaving, making crafts, cooking, making local brew (waragi), among others. You will return to the lodge thereafter for dinner and an overnight stay.
Day 4: Chimpanzee Tracking, Transfer to Queen Elizabeth National Park, Night Game drive
- Chimpanzee Tracking: This 4th day of your 11 Days Primate tracking and wildlife safari has you enjoying chimpanzee tracking in Kibale Forest. You will wake up early to a sumptuous breakfast and then proceed to the park headquarters for a briefing about the pending activity. You will proceed for the search of the chimpanzees which you will hear not far away due to their loud chatter and vocalization. You will find them climbing one tree after another chattering about. Taking pictures and keeping up with them will require some effort since they are a very active and mobile specie. You will spend only one hour with them. After, you will enjoy your packed lunch in the forest. Chimpanzee tracking can take 2-4 hours or more depending on the terrain and location of the chimpanzees. Be sure to see more than just chimpanzees; other primates and bird species are a sight to marvel at along with the sounds in the forest.
- Transfer to Queen Elizabeth: You will embark on a transfer to Queen Elizabeth National Park, only about 3 hours away. Once in the park, you will check-in at the lodge and relax.
- Night Game drive: You will go for a night game drive along with an armed ranger. This night game drive will reward you with a number of nocturnal animals like leopards, hyenas, lions, jackals, among so many others. After, you will return to the lodge where you will have dinner and an overnight stay.
Day 5: Morning boat safari, Transfer to Mgahinga Gorilla National Park
- Morning boat safari, Transfer to Mgahinga Gorilla National Park: After a mouthwatering breakfast at the lodge, you will go for a morning boat safari in the beautiful Kazinga channel. Kazinga channel links Lake Edward to Lake George and has large schools of hippos floating in the water, as well as crocodiles and a number of waterbirds. At the shores, animals like elephants, giraffes, kobs, buffaloes among others can all be spotted if not lazing around then taking a drink. The boat safari takes 2 hours. After, you will have an early lunch before you embark on a transfer to Mgahinga Gorilla National Park, the home to both mountain gorillas and golden monkeys. You will arrive in the evening. Proceed to check-in, have dinner and overnight so as to gain strength and momentum to take part in gorilla trekking.
Day 6: Golden monkey tracking
- Golden monkey tracking: This 6th day of your 11 Days Primate tracking and wildlife safari will start with you having breakfast at the lodge and thereafter proceed to the starting point of your golden monkey tracking adventure. You will be briefed about your golden monkey tracking adventure and then set off in the guidance of a ranger. You will spend one hour with them and then trek back to the starting point from where your driver guide will transfer you further to your lodge. Dinner and overnight stay at the lodge.
Day 7: Gorilla Trekking adventure
- Gorilla Trekking adventure: Today, you will have breakfast at the lodge and then head to the park headquarters of Ntebeko clad with your packed lunch for your gorilla trekking adventure. The process is just like chimpanzee trekking. Gorilla trekking in Mgahinga can take between 2-6 hours or more depending on the location of the gorillas and the terrain. Lunch will be in the jungles. After spending an hour with the gorillas, you will trek back to Ntebeko from where you will receive your gorilla trekking certificate. Your driver-guide will be ready to drive you back to the lodge where you will have time to rest. Dinner and overnight at the lodge.
Day 8: Transfer to Nyungwe National Park, Nature walk
- Transfer to Nyungwe National Park, Nature walk: After an early breakfast, you will check out of the lodge and proceed for a transfer to Nyungwe Forest National Park in Rwanda. The drive will reward you with beautiful sceneries and the rolling hills of Rwanda. You will make a lunch stopover at a selected restaurant. Once in the park, check in to your accommodation and then relax. You may opt to have a nature walk of Nyungwe Forest where birds and a number of primates will be encountered. Return to the lodge thereafter for dinner and an overnight stay.
Day 9: Chimpanzee Tracking, Canopy walk
- Chimpanzee Tracking, Canopy walk: This 9th day of your 11 Days Primate tracking and wildlife safari has you enjoying breakfast at the lodge before you embark on your second chimpanzee tracking adventure, this time in Rwanda’s celebrated Nyungwe Forest National Park. Chimpanzee tracking in Nyungwe forest gives a different experience altogether. After your lunch, you will go for a canopy walk in Nyungwe Forest National Park where you will have a bird’s eye view of the park and all its inhabitants. You will see a number of animals say chimpanzees, various monkey species, as well as birds. After, your driver guide will be ready to transfer you back to the lodge from where you will have dinner and an overnight stay.
Day 10: Transfer to Kigali, Kigali city tour
- Transfer to Kigali: After a leisurely sumptuous breakfast at the lodge, you will leave the park for a transfer to Kigali. You will have a Kigali city tour that will enlighten you of the history and culture of Rwanda. Among the sites you will see include the Rwanda national museum and the Rwanda Genocide memorial center. You will have lunch at a selected restaurant in the city.
- Kigali city tour: After enjoying your Kigali city tour, you will head to the hotel, check in and relax as you wait for dinner and an overnight stay.
Day 11: Departure
- Departure: This last day of your 11 Days Primate Tracking and wildlife safari has you spending the day at the lodge as you await your transfer to the airport for your departure flight.
End of 11 Days Uganda Rwanda Primate Tracking and Wildlife safari
- Airport pickup and drop-off
- Transportation during the safari in a 4WD safari vehicle fit for game viewing and photography
- Chimpanzee tracking permit
- Gorilla trekking permit
- Chimpanzee habituation experience permit
- Golden monkey tracking permit
- All park entrance fees and activities mentioned in the itinerary
- Full-board accommodation
- Services of a professional English speaking driver-guide
- Bottled drinking water in the safari vehicle
- Air tickets
- Extra activities not mentioned in the itinerary
- Personal expenses like laundry, telephone, etc.
- Tips and souvenirs