3 Days Semiliki National Park Safari
3 Days Semiliki National Park Safari features chimpanzee trekking, night game drive, Sempaya hot springs visit, and a nature walk. Semiliki national park and reserve is located in the Bundibugyo district near Fort portal town adjust to the Congo Ituri rain forest. The park is a home to Uganda’s largest Sempaya hot springs, about 53 mammal species and over 400 bird species recorded in this park thus making it one of the top birding destination in Africa earning a title of “True birders Haven”
Safari highlights of the 3 Days Semiliki National Park Safari
- Day 1: Transfer to Semiliki national reserve – Night game drive
- Day 2: Chimpanzee trekking and Sempaya hot springs
- Day 3: Transfer to Kampala/Entebbe
Day 1: Transfer to Semiliki national park – Night game drive
- Transfer to Semiliki national park: Depending on your location in Kampala/Entebbe, you will meet our company representative who will also be your safari guide during the 3 days trip to Semiliki national park. Depart early because it is a 7-8 hours’ drive with en-route stop for lunch in Fort Portal town which is the best town in the area. The drive is exciting with great views of the countryside including the hills and tea plantations in western Uganda. Arrive in Semiliki national park late afternoon and proceed to your lodge to check-in. Refresh and spend your afternoon at leisure as you wait for dinner. Later in the night, drive for a night game drive in search for the nocturnal animals like the bush babies and other animals like the lions, leopards and hyenas. Return to sleep at the lodge with great memories of the found nocturnal animals.
Accommodation and meals (Half board)
- Luxury option: Semiliki Safari Lodge
- Mid-range option: Ntoroko Game Lodge
- Budget option: Bugama Cottages
Day 2: Chimpanzee trekking and Sempaya Hot springs
- Chimpanzee trekking: After your breakfast, transfer to Semiliki national reserve which is Uganda’s oldest wildlife reserve. Mugiri forest is a remarkable for chimpanzee trekking and birdlife. You will search for the chimpanzees in the forest with great views of different birds. Mungilo waterfalls in the forest are the best for bird watching. After finding and viewing the chimpanzees, walk back to find your guide and transfer back to your lodge for lunch.
- Sempaya Hot springs: Later afternoon, drive to visit Sempaya hot springs which are the main attractions of Semiliki national park and the largest in Uganda, divided into female and male however they both have a geyser that shoots up from 8 meters holes with a high temperature of up to 100 degrees Celsius. The strength and hotness of the springs are amazing as one can boil eggs and in few minutes, it is ready to eat. The community around the park also visit the springs to perform rituals basin on their beliefs. Return to your lodge for dinner and overnight stay.
Day 3: Transfer to Kampala
- Transfer to Kampala: After breakfast, check-out of the lodge and embark on your journey back to Kampala/Entebbe. It’s a 7-8 hours’ drive from Semiliki national park to Kampala with en-route lunch. You will be dropped off a location you advise in Kampala to be dropped at Entebbe airport for your departure flight back home.
End of the 3 Days Semiliki National Park Safari