4 Days Luxury Chimpanzee Habituation and Trekking Safari
4 Days Luxury Chimpanzee Habituation and Trekking Safari takes you to Africa’s best chimpanzee experience destination with guaranteed best views of the chimpanzees and other 12 existing primates in the park, Kibale national park. It is also a home to 138 species of birds, 250 tree species and 60 species of forest wildlife including forest elephants, bushbucks, warthogs, giant forest hogs and buffaloes. Kibale national park is a unique spectacular place and one of the only outstanding areas in Africa harboring both ever green montane forests together with tropical rainforest. Chimpanzees trekking in Kibale forest offer great opportunities for visitors to enjoy other activities like birdwatching, nature walk and an opportunity to spot the forest animals available in the park.
Highlights of the 4 Days Luxury Chimpanzee Habituation and Trekking Safari
- Day 1: Transfer to Kibale national park
- Day 2: Chimpanzee habituation experience
- Day 3: Chimpanzee trekking experience
- Day 4: Transfer back to Kampala/Entebbe
Day 1: Transfer to Kibale national park – Bigodi swamp walk
- Transfer to Kibale national park: Depending on your location in Kampala/Entebbe, you will meet with your 4 Days Luxury Chimpanzee Habituation and Trekking Safari guide and thereafter embark on your journey to Kabale national park. This park is Africa’s best primates’ destination with about 13 different primates’ species including the chimpanzees. The park is located in the western part of Uganda taking about 5-6 hours’ drive on the road with en-route stop in Fort portal town for your lunch. This drive is exciting with great views of the countryside and the people.
- Bigodi swamp walk: Connect to visit Bigodi swamp, the swamp has been recognised to host about 138 bird species and one can be able to see over 50 birds a day. Several primates can also be spotted in the wetland including the black and white Colobus monkeys, Blue Grey Cheeked, Ververt monkeys, Red Colobus monkeys to mention a few. Thereafter, transfer to your booked lodge for check-in, have dinner and overnight
Accommodation and meals (En-route lunch and half board)
- Luxury options: Kyaninga Lodge/Ndali Lodge
Day 2: Chimpanzee habituation experience
- Chimpanzee habituation experience: Wake up very early, enjoy your breakfast and set off to the park headquarters with your trekking gears, packed lunch, and water. Meet with other trekkers and gather for a briefing from the park officials where you will be guided on the expectations. Thereafter in only a group of 6 people and ranger guides/researchers, set off for chimpanzee habituation experience. This is a full day activity were you will visit a semi-habituated chimpanzee group that in the process of habituation. These chimpanzees are usually difficult to find because they keep running away however the researchers will find them and allow you to spend 4 in their presence. Return to meet your safari guide and receiving your certificate and drive back to your lodge; dinner will be serve and overnight stay at Kyaninga Lodge/Ndali Lodge.
Day 3: Chimpanzee trekking experience
- Chimpanzee trekking experience: After breakfast, return to the park headquarters with your trekking gears for briefing about chimpanzee trekking. After you are allocated in groups of 12 people, head into the forest for your trek. Chimpanzee trekking takes about 2 to 5 hours’ depending on the movement of the chimpanzee group. These primates roam the park freely and there is no way of telling where they will be for a particular. On finding them, you will be allowed 1 hour to view and take photos of these gentle primates before you walk back to meet your driver/guide and transfer back to your lodge. Have lunch and spend your afternoon at leisure. Dinner and overnight at Kyaninga Lodge/Ndali Lodge as above
Day 4: Transfer back to Kampala/Departure
- Transfer back to Kampala/Departure: After breakfast, check-out of the lodge and embark on your journey back to Kampala/Entebbe. It’s a 5-6 hours’ drive from Kibale national park to Kampala with en-route lunch. You will be dropped off a location you advise in Kampala be dropped at Entebbe airport for your departure flight back home.
End of the 4 Days Luxury Chimpanzee Habituation and Trekking Safari